Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Curry in a Hurry


Friends! It's been too long. India has been wonderfully amazing. I travelled from Bangkok to Bangalore with my friend Bridget. We first met in Washington, DC. nearly four years ago. Bridget and I have not seen each other in about two years and during that time we did not keep a tight phone or email connection, but each communication was solid and meaningful enough to bring us together in India. During one of our phone conversations, Bridget shared that she was meant to come to India and I could not help but ask if I could join her. Sharing this time with Bridget has been a gift in itself. We are staying with her very good friend Anita. They are powerful women and it has been a true blessing sharing the last nine days with them. Although Anita and I have just met for the first time, the three of us built a tight circle almost immediately. They are both warm, loving, accpeting, strong, intelligent women, and I feel so very lucky to be surrounded with so much positive love, light and energy every day.

Through Anita, Bridget and I have met many wonderful friends, all on a spiritual path and part of Anita's spiritual family in Bangalore. Thanks to Anita, we have indulged in delicious home cooked Indian meals everyday. For those of you who know me well, I am not big on spicey foods, but I feel like I am eating like a Queen in India and loving every bite. I am realizing that maybe I should have just written a food blog instead of a travel blog. Many of the highlights of Thailand, Cambodia and India have been the food! But I would not think twice about changing the food for the company and my lovely friends that I cherish.

I have many stories to share, but will write in more detail when I return to Bangkok. I leave for Delhi on Thursday. That should be fun. I will continue to post pictures. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment