Thursday, October 1, 2009

Free showers in Seoul!


Hello friends! Yes, that's right, I found a free shower in Seoul. Well, actually, it was at the Incheon airport, but a shower, and a free one at that, is a wonderful discovery. Particularly after a 15 hour flight. I also found a whole floor for travelers with beds, free internet, a spa and all kinds of edible goodies.

The 15 hour flight from Chicago wasn't so bad. The first five hours were uncomfortable, but I think the last ten hours were more bearable once my behind made the proper groove on the seat. After my rest in the wonderful travelers lounge, the free shower and a Dunkin' Donuts coffee, I made my way into Seoul for a self guided tour of downtown and the Gyeongbokgung Palace. It's a holiday today-their version of Thanksgiving- and families are out in full force, which has been really nice to see. I have enjoyed walking around and I have found Seoul to be beautiful, clean and friendly. I have taken pictures which I will post later.

I'm off to Insadong for some shopping and to savor some traditional Korean cuisine. See you in Bangkok!

2 comments:

  1. yum yum! take pictures of the food and where you eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that you didn't sweat booking the 6 vs 12 hour hotel at the airport before you left and do something you didnt want to out of fear or worry. you decided it would work out - and it did! even better than you could've imagined it sounds like. xox

    ReplyDelete