Friday, October 2, 2009

¿Quieres flan con cebolla o ajo?


I made it safely to Bangkok and yes, you read correctly. Carla and I cannot figure out if the Thai flan she purchased for yours truly has onion or garlic mixed in. It looks like bread pudding, has a sweet dark top layer and the middle has specs of either onion or garlic...kinda looks like coconut, but it's not. Last time I came to Thailand I learned that they love their deserts salty/sweet, but this takes the cake. ¿Quieres flan con cebolla o ajo?

Actually, I had a wonderful cebolla experience in Korea. I devoured a delicious scallion and seafood chilli fritta with soy sauce and rice milk almost immediately. SO DELISH!!! The surroundings also made the experience a memorable one. At the center of the outdoor food court was a large woven mat under a tent with small tin tables where people sat and ate their yummy Korean goodies. With my shoes off, I comfortably sat on the mat and enjoyed nearly the entire Korean frittata. And the best part were the locals who seemed amused by this Latina who was eating just like them.

Let the food adventures begin!

3 comments:

  1. I just learned how to make flan this weekend! Pero sin cebolla...hmmm Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, thought all the eating part of your "eat pray love" adventure happened in chicago. guess not, bon apetit!

    ReplyDelete