Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Island Getaway


Last Friday Lisa, Carla and I left to Koh Samed for a girls weekend. Koh Samed is an island in the Gulf of Thailand and it is absolutely beautiful. A beach weekend was exactly what we needed and it was lots of fun. Carla and I had just returned from Cambodia the night before, and although it was a vacation, it was exhausting. Lisa was also in need of some R&R and so relax we did! We mostly ate and sunbathed. The weekend started with a bit of rain, but cleared up by the time we were in our swimming gear. We enjoyed each meal beach side. You can't beat fresh fruit shakes for breakfast or mango sticky rice for lunch. But dinner was the most exciting time. We feasted on fresh seafood under the stars and watched a thrilling fire show (the best I have ever seen) to reggaeton music.

I recorded two videos, one of our arrival and one of our departure. You will be able to clearly see the tired and disheveled look I am sporting in the first shot, and the very relaxed and very tanned look I am sporting the last shot. Enjoy friends, wish you were here!

Hello Koh Samed! I am so ready to relax!


Adiós Koh Samed! Thank you for the sun, the food and the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment