Sunday, October 18, 2009

Swimming in the Rain


Today, for the first time since I graduated in July, I felt completely relaxed. For lunch, we feasted on fresh fruit, BBQ squid on a stick and BBQ pork sandwiches that were sold on the beach. We found a semi-isolated spot and enjoyed listening to the ocean waves while we napped happily on the beach. Before the sun came out, and before our nap, there was a brief rain storm. While Carla took cover and found a puppy to play with, I decided to play in the rain and swim in the ocean. It was liberating. It was fun. It was just what I needed. It took three months to get used to relaxing and sitting peacefully with myself. The day has arrived and I am happy. Carla took the photo I have attached as I ran out of the cabana and into the rain. I was glad that she captured that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment